- 1 can (46 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons curry paste
- ½ can Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- roux to thicken*
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup half-and-half
Heat the first eight ingredients to a simmer. Gradually add roux to desired thickness. Do not allow this to boil; make sure that the roux mixes in well and there are no lumps. Add cilantro and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add cream while stirring constantly.
Check and adjust seasonings.
Coco Lopez is available in most supermarkets in the beverage section.
*Roux (pronounced ‘rue’) is a gently cooked mixture of equal parts wheat flour and fat—traditionally, clarified butter—that is used to thicken sauces.