- 3 zucchinis, about 1 pound, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fustini’s 18-year-aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- fresh mozzarella, cut into thick slices
Light the grill or heat the broiler. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, toss the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Grill or broil the zucchini, turning once, until tender and golden, about 5 minutes per side. Put the zucchini back in the bowl.
Toss the zucchini with 1/2 tablespoon of the oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, the vinegar, roasted pepper and capers. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange the mozzarella slices on an ovenproof serving plate, fanning them out to form a circle. Drizzle them with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle them with a pinch of pepper. Fold the zucchini slices in half and tuck them between the pieces of cheese.