Delightful summertime recipes featuring local honey
- 1 cucumber 8–10 inches in length, or two smaller cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon old-style seed mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey vinegar (may be replaced by cider vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons Tupelo Honey, divided
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- fresh-picked oregano sprigs, chives or tarragon
- salt and pepper
Peel and seed the cucumber, slice into thin half rounds and put aside.
In a mixing bowl, place olive oil, mustard, honey vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey. Blend with a wooden spoon to make a paste, then add yogurt and crème fraîche.
Snip your fresh herbs right over the mixing bowl, or cut on a chopping surface with a knife.
Add cucumber slices and, before stirring, sprinkle a pinch of salt on top, a couple of turns from the pepper mill and the other 2 tablespoons of honey. Toss all together and taste. Season as needed and put to chill for dinner.